- Job area - Commercial
- Hours - 38
- Location - Antwerpen
You are responsible to achieve best in class procurement of ocean freight with our core and approved carriers, by reducing costs and improving margins. The ability to ensure close management of the space allocation per trade is in place per each contract negotiated either locally or via the Global Ocean Business Line. In this capacity, you will develop expert market knowledge, combining portfolio management on one hand and carrier portfolio on the other.
You will also be responsible to develop a consistent best in class product offering for Benelux Intermodal Transportation related to all delivery activities of the NVOCC, FMS and Customs Brokerage Products. The Procurement efforts, responsibilities and strategy for Intermodal Transportation and Product will mirror those of the Ocean Freight Product. Your key responsabilities are :
- Responsible for the procurement of ocean freight and Intermodal Transportation, and chassis services with core carriers/service providers and reviews existing contracts and new vendors for potential optimizations against market conditions;
- Responsible for Carrier/Vendor Management;
- Responsible for procuring Intermodal Transportation for the NVOCC, FMS and Customs Brokerage Products;
- Responsible to provide ocean freight and Intermodal Transportation pricing guidance within the Cluster, as well as providing GTM with pricing input for tenders;
- Responsible for ensuring cargo is transported in line with GPRO requirements to ensure annual volume incentive (VID) and monthly VID tracking is delivered;
- Ensure that procured rates are filed within the respective vendor contracts and that said contracts are filed with the Federal Maritime Commission (Specific to ocean freight).
You are someone who likes challenges and is able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You are pro-active, and at all times aware of the needs of the organization. You are always striving for the most optimal results, you are decisive, self-confident and are passionate about your work. Furthermore, you are a strong communicator and a real team player. Next to that, your bring the following knowledge and experience with you :
- Bachelor/ Master Degree or equivalent in a related discipline
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing, motivating and developing individuals and high performance teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships within all levels of organizations, including senior level executives.
- Knowledgeable of regulatory compliance laws and regulations related to freight forwarding.
- Senior experience (10 years minimum related experience required) in commercial and operational roles in FM business (Ocean/ Transport/Commercial BD/Tender Management). Cluster knowledge of the Freight market. Strong external and internal networks. Experience of operating in a global, matrix business environment.
- Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience
- Strong commercial mindset and good product knowledge.
- Excellent analytical skills & negotiation experience
- Understanding of the network and business of FM worldwide.
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills and Ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Strong written and spoken English essential
- Ability to understand and communicate complex data/financial information
- Management experience essential and a global outlook