IT PMO Specialist
- Job area - Commercial
- Hours - Full time
- Location - Madrid
CEVA Logistics is one of the largest logistics service providers in the world. We take care of our clients in the area of Contract Logistics, Freight and Transport Management. The strength of our company lies in the talent of our people; together we want to improve ourselves every day. At CEVA you receive plenty of room for your ideas and sufficient opportunities to develop yourself. How far do you want to go?
CEVA Logistics is currently hiring a Project Manager based in our office in Madrid Spain
Overall objectives and responsibilities
Within CEVA the IT Delivery Team provide; project management and business analyst services to support the professional development and deployment of supply chain solutions within our client environments.
As the IT Project manager within the Delivery team you are responsible for planning and delivering IT application changes that facilitate business change, start-ups and solution enhancements. This role leads the IT work stream and coordinates all activities from various internal and external teams and is the central point for communication of progress, issues, risks and budgetary control.
A brief description of the role
You will report to the Portfolio Director and you are responsible for the members of the project team amongst which are testers, developers and architects. Your clients can be internal colleagues and of course the external client.
- Manage all project resources to deliver large scale projects within agreed timescales and to agreed budgets.
- Undertake detailed project work, managing the project through all key stages from initiation to project closure.
- Prepare and maintain all required project documentation, such as project plans, budgets, risks and issue logs, change control forms, business requirements, specifications, test scripts, cutover plans, etc, to professional quality standards with weekly progress reporting.
- Prepare and deliver management presentations to internal and external customers in- line with business requirements
- Maintain a good understanding of the business use of current and emerging technology and Logistics business practices.
- Provide logistics and business systems consultancy to internal and external customers.
- Manage service providers to ensure they consistently deliver high quality value for money solutions to agreed criteria and work within defined key performance indicators.
- Relevant business or IT degree;
- Formal Structured Project Management qualification - e.g. Prince II, PMP, AGILE;
- 3-5 years in 3PL Logistics from a systems and operational perspective;
- Knowledge of WMS and TMS systems and processes;
- Ability to fully document project progress;
- Good documentation and resource control skills;
- Excellent budget management;
- Commercially savvy;
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Project Team Management within a 3PL environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Ability to motivate others;
- Capability to work with all levels of management and communicate appropriately;
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in working with clients;
- Coaching / mentoring experience.