IT Project Manager, South East Asia (WMS System Implementation)
- Job area - Staff
- Hours - Full time
- Location - Singapore
CEVA's integrated global network has facilities in over 160 countries and around 41,000 employees; all dedicated to delivering consistently excellent operations and supply chain solutions.
At CEVA we are focused on delivering operational excellence to our customers, each and every day. By uniting and working together, we focus on growing our business by offering outstanding supply chain services to our customers and developing our business to support theirs. At every link in the supply chain, we help make business flow.
The role requires excellent IT project management experience, strong WMS functional knowledge as well as system configuration/implementation skills. Knowledge of JDA WMS Dispatcher or Discrete will be an advantage. Experience in other WMS technologies such as Manhattan, Infor, SAP, etc. are also welcome. He/she should also have a good understanding of EDI and TMS (Transport Management Systems). The candidate must have worked in 3PL logistics companies, preferably in Singapore.
This role should have subject matter expertise in the area of Business Process, Project and Portfolio Management, exceptional project management skills, attention to detail, and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
This role will be responsible for managing the implementation of complex cross-functional projects utilizing CEVA project management methodology and best practices, as well as improve customer satisfaction, and drive cost savings across the Global IT organization.
The position is based in Singapore and will support South East Asia Cluster (Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia). Travelling will be required within Singapore as well as to other countries in the SEA Cluster or Asia Pacific region.
- Manage to overall coordination of the project/portfolio management oriented work efforts, ensures that project goals and objectives are met within time, scope and resource requirements. Program portfolio budgets on average greater than $> 5million dollar initiatives
- Configure, implement and deliver WMS, TMS & EDI projects for large customers with the support of internal and external solutions and work stream leads. Necessary training will be provided.
- Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal customers/business partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments
- Directs implementation and execution of standard PM methodologies across the project portfolio. Ensures project teams comply with company standards and all documentation is reviewed and approved.
- Working with Senior leaders establishes goals and operating plans for the department and operates within budget Parameters.
- Drives new technology initiatives from “idea” to implementation including; development of business case through post-mortem reviews and ROI reconciliations.
- Highly skilled in Project Management, has ability to manage highly complex projects and to prioritize competing interests across functions.
- Typically manages team(s) through subordinate managers in complex technology areas. Plan and provide opportunities for continuous training to keep the resources aligned on state of the art technology and trends
- In addition to WMS, the person will also engage on other IT initiatives with our zonal and global teams such as on legacy WMS, Transport & Freight Management, Infrastructure, etc., for which necessary training will be provided.
- Fluent in English and one Asian language
- University Degree in IT or Business, or equivalent experience AND 10-12 years of relevant technical or business work experience
- 7+ years of relevant technical or business work experience (WMS Functional role)
- 5+ years of project management and delivery services, preferable for large complex projects and customers (WMS Implementation role)
- Cross-functional management experience including: people and process management
- Consistent utilization of best practices and methodologies to ensure demand management and planning, projects portfolio management and support for customers are with.
- Ability inter-dependencies between IT and business initiatives to leverage resources.
- SWOT analysis and problem solving competences.
- Proven experience implementing IT solutions and communicating with high profile customers.
- Expert understanding of business functional and operating needs in highly complex environments.
- Excellent IT finance, customer budget and proposal management
- Ability to review and change processes to achieve best practice standards.
- Knowledge or key customer IT solutions or business processes.
- Knowledge of PMM, Top Class solution design, and specialized products for key customers.
- ITIL certified
- PMI Certified
- PRINCE2 Certified