Senior Project Manager
- Job area - Project Management & Engineering
- Hours - 45
- Location - GHO
CEVA Logistics is one of the largest logistics service providers in the world. We take care of our clients in the area of Contract Logistics, Freight and Transport Management. The strength of our company lies in the talent of our people; together we want to improve ourselves every day. At CEVA you receive plenty of room for your ideas and sufficient opportunities to develop yourself. How far do you want to go?
This role will be responsible for managing the implementation of large scale, complex and cross- functional projects within the domain of System Integration utilizing CEVA project management methodology and best practices, improve customer satisfaction, and drive cost savings across the Global IT organization.
This role should have subject matter expertise in the area of System Integration, Project and Portfolio Management, exceptional project management skills, attention to detail, and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Manage to overall coordination of the project/portfolio management oriented work efforts within the CoE Integration, ensures that project goals and objectives are met within time, scope and resource requirements. Program portfolio budgets on average greater than $5 – 10> million dollar initiatives.
- Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal customers/business partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments
- Directs implementation and execution of standard PM methodologies across the project portfolio.
- Ensures project teams comply to company standards and all documentation is reviewed and approved.
- Working with Senior leaders establishes goals and operating plans for the department and operates within budget parameters.
- Drives new technology initiatives from “idea” to implementation including; development of business case through post-mortem reviews and ROI reconciliations.
- Highly skilled in Project Management, has ability to manage highly complex projects and to prioritize competing interests across functions
- Typically manages team(s) through subordinate managers in complex technology areas. Plan and provide opportunities for continuous training to keep the resources aligned on state of the art technology and trends
Education & Qualifications
- Fluent in English
- University Degree in IT or Business, or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant technical or business work experience
- 5+ years of implementation and delivery services, preferable for large complex projects and customers
- Cross-function management experience including: people and process management
- Experience working in a logistics (3PL/4PL) environment.
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Consistent utilization of best practices and methodologies to ensure demand management and planning, projects portfolio management and support for customers are met.
- Ability understand inter-dependencies between IT and business initiatives to effectively leverage resources.
- SWOT analysis and problem solving competences. Proven experience implementing IT solutions and communicating with high profile customers.
- Expert understanding of business functional and operating needs in highly complex environments.
- Excellent IT finance, customer budget and proposal management
- Ability to review and change processes to achieve best practice standards.
- Experience with the implementation of Integration Solutions, preferably using TIBCO as technology
- Knowledge of key customer IT solutions or business processes.
- Knowledge of PMM, Top Class solution design, and specialized products for key customers.
- ITIL certified
- PMI Certified
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Superior influence skills to gain commitment from others and foster collaboration
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent situation management and leadership in critical situation.
- Critical negotiation skills
- Strong aptitude to build and maintain informal network inside the customer organization and internally to CEVA.
- Excellent team player