Customs Manager Brokerage & Operations
- Vakgebied - Operations Management
- Uren - Full time
- Locatie - Schiphol
Are you experienced in managing a Customs Brokerage & Operations team? Do you want to grow within an international environment? We are searching for you!
What are you going to do?
In this role, as Customs Brokerage & Operations Manager you will lead, direct and manage all customs brokerage functions within CEVA Freight Holland BV to ensure that customs brokerage services are executed at, or above the customer’s standards. You will oversee daily customs operations of the department to ensure compliance with company policies, AEO Guidelines and all applicable legal requirements while providing excellent customer service through timely and accurate processing. Besides, you will maximize cost efficiency and profitability through superior customs services, effective and prompt communications and follow-up on all pending matters related to Customs.
- Ensure new Customs business is developed (e.g. RFI/RFQ/RFP) and implemented to maximize customer satisfaction and maintain process efficiency;
- Build customer relationships by meeting with current and potential customers;
- Provide staff with daily guidance, leadership and overall support on any challenges relating to customs operations;
- Ensure that compliant declarations (air/ocean/road) are made in accordance with UCC and related legislation. Additional meet or exceed our Benelux Customs and Trade Compliance standards;
- Oversee ad monitor team performance – both quantity and quality;
- Review and own profitability and growth of Customs services;
- Coordinate timely clearance (import/export/transit) of cargo based on company and customer service commitment standards;
- Examine documents and dossiers including invoices, bills of lading, AWB, and shipping/origin statements to ensure compliance with relevant legislation (UCC and National);
- Establish, monitor, and revise policies, procedures and service standards (Customs SLA) for clearance operations, and write procedures for the handling. Implement preventive and corrective actions;
- Provide information to customers on the importation/export/transit/Fiscal Rep. and the practical/operational consequences of changes in Customs and related legislation;
- You will work closely with Customs Compliance Manager NL. Besides that you will participate in monthly Benelux Customs Management meetings;
- Develop local customs product portfolio in terms of systems and services;
- Continuously review current service portfolio and add new services;
- Continuously review system capabilities to ensure new services can be delivered and efficiency will increase.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who likes challenges, who is highly motivated and able to work in a dynamic and high demanding environment. You are ambitious, eager to learn new things, you have a pro-active mentality and you are aware of the needs of the organization. You have the ability of getting things done with your team within a freight organization. Next to that, you have strong collaboration, verbal and written communication skills and you are a pro-active team player. You will be working for 70% on customer relations and product development and for 30% on management tasks. We are looking for someone who has the following knowledge and work experience:
- Minimum of at least five year experience, including two years of supervisory experience;
- Professional qualifications and practical standards of competence (AEO requirement);
- Experienced in Fiscal Rep;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, written and verbally;
- Excellent knowledge of customs products, services, and the related operations;
- Import, Export, Transit, Temporary Storage (DGTS), Port Community Systems , Bonded Warehouse, FTA, Classification, AEO, Dual Use and other licenses.
We offer a lot of space for entrepreneurship, personal development and your ambitions. At CEVA, we have plenty of career opportunities for you to grow. Next to that, we offer:
- A market based salary between €3.587 - €4.943. Work experience, education and career path determine your salary;
- A contract for 12 months;
- 25 holiday days + 5 ADV days and 8% holiday allowance;
- Profit share of max 3%, depending on organization results;
- Pension scheme;
- Travel allowance or NS Business Card;
- Our CEVA CLA (collective labour agreement)
- Many opportunities to grow;
- A dynamic work environment with driven colleagues
- An informal and transparent company culture.
Please apply immediately via the link below. For questions, please contact Jill Stegers, Corporate Recruiter, via : +31 6 - 120 902 16.