Head of Financial Control & Accounting Europe
- Vakgebied - Staff
- Uren - Full time
- Locatie - Schiphol
Do you want to work within a global environment? And are you an experienced manager within Finance?
Then we are looking for you!
Then we are looking for you!
What are you going to do?
As a Head of Financial Control & Accounting Europe, you are a part of the Europe Region Finance Organization. You are responsible for the Regional Finance Leadership of the Accounting & Control environment. This means that you will be managing directly the Region Financial Control. Next to that, within a matrix reporting setting, the local Financial Control & Accounting leads will be under your responsibility. In your job as a Head of Financial Control & Accounting you;
- Are owner of Accounting & Control policies and procedures within Europe, including ensuring alignment and compliance to global accounting standards, CEVA policies and local standards and practices;
- Ensure effective internal controls across the region, focusing on balance sheet compliance, account reconciliations and the link between cash flow and balance sheet;
- Monitor statutory accounting in countries to ensure deadlines are met and standards upheld, through matrix management of in-country financial accounting leads;
- Uphold accounting procedures according to IFRS and CEVA Finance policies;
- Supporting countries in a hands-on fashion to implement best practices and improve standards;
- Provide guidance and to Country team on non-routine accounting transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, integrations, liquidations, financial leases (IFRS 16), capital injections, litigation cases, inventory, onerous contracts, exceptional provisions or any other;
- Develop and maintain effective financial accounting systems – e.g. architecture, hierarchies, master data and interfaces;
- Liaison with both internal and external auditors as required to ensure compliance with standards and transparency of financial accounting and reporting across the Region;
- Liaison with Central finance team on transformation projects
As a Head of Financial Control & Accounting Europe, you will formally report to the Finance Director Europe. You have two direct reports and you will be managing the ‘Matrix-organization’. Seven country based Financial Accounting & Control leads are a part of this ‘Matrix-organization’ and have a dotted line with the Head of Financial Control & Accounting Europe. In your job, you will work closely with other CEVA colleagues for instance the Country Finance Directors, Central Finance Team and the Global SSC team. You will be based in Schiphol.
What do we offer?
We offer a lot of space for entrepreneurship, personal development and your ambitions. At CEVA, we have plenty of career opportunities for you to grow. Next to that, we offer:
- A market based salary. Work experience, education and career path determine your salary;
- A contract for 12 months;
- 25 holiday days + 5 ADV days and 8% holiday allowance;
- Pension scheme;
- Leasebudget or carallowance;
- Our CEVA CLA (collective labour agreement)
We are looking for someone who has excellent leadership skills and a good sense of perspective. You are an expert in the details, but you know how to keep the bigger picture in mind. Besides that, you prefer to work in a dynamic work environment and you know how to communicate with many different stakeholders within a global organization.
We are looking for someone who has the following knowledge and work experience:
- A Bachelor or master Degree, in Finance/Accounting/Controlling;
- At least 8-10 years of relevant work experience within Financial Accounting & Control;
- Experienced in managing teams;
- Knowledge of and experience with finance software;
- Fluent in English, written and verbally.
CEVA Logistics, one of the world’s leading non-asset based supply chain management companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Approximately 49,000 employees are dedicated to delivering effective and robust supply chain solutions in contract logistics, freight and transport management across a variety of sectors. CEVA applies its operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated network, with a presence in over 160 countries. CEVA has a clear vision: to be the most admired company in the supply chain industry. To reach our goal we are looking for motivated and talented colleagues who are pursuing a challenging career in logistics. CEVA, being a global player in the market, offers an exciting career path with many possibilities within, but also outside of, the Benelux.
Please apply immediately via the link below (only applications via this link will be taken into consideration). For questions, please contact Linn van Boxtel, Corporate Recruiter, via: +31 6 - 83 01 23 79.